Mortar is looking for a freelance brand strategist/account planner to join our team. We’re a planning-led agency who scours for hidden insight and a genuine connection to the consumer, which provides the springboard for our creative. We only see things as integrated, and we’re looking for a strategic thinker who can work across all media – digital, social, traditional, influencer marketing, and even PR.
You love building brands and telling their stories. You know how to ignite a conversation and make it grow. You can lead clients with your thinking and inspire creative teams with your unexpected ideas. While this position will begin as freelance, it could very quickly transition to full-time with the right fit.
- 5+ years brand strategy/account planning experience.
- Experience with qualitative research (experience moderating focus groups and interviews a plus).
- An innate ability to develop unique and inspiring viewpoints.
- Comfortable working on all phases of a project independently, and leading the strategic side of projects from start to finish.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to communicate, present, and sell an idea effectively.
- Adept at building client relationships.
- Experience with quantitative research a plus.
- Media savvy. You understand how to integrate strategy across a variety of media (brand, digital, social, traditional).
- You can write a strategically sound and inspiring creative brief.
- Uncover valuable consumer insights.
- Inspire creative teams to greatness.
- Create earth-shattering brand strategies and present them to clients.
- Make sure clients love us, our peers respect us, and our competition envies us. But most importantly, make sure our moms still love us, too.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover email, with subject line “Account Planner.”