Mortar is growing its media business and in need of a type “A” Sr. Media Planner or Media Supervisor ready to win over the world. We want someone hungry for the challenge and willing to go the extra mile at every turn. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a great agency dedicated to doing great work and providing outstanding media solutions for our clients who range from natural gas to hospitals, medical devices to the cloud, and universities to high-end printing. No lack of variety indeed.
In return, the sky’s the limit. We’re a small agency, which means all you need are the right attitude and drive to be a success here at the ol’ Mortar. Take a look at our site and you’ll see, a) we love bacon and b) we’re passionate about what we do – and we look for like-minded individuals. We also love puppies, if you’d like to bring us one.
We’re searching for a Media Supervisor or Senior Media Planner who can establish themselves within the company and with clients as an expert in the media field. You’ll negotiate with media vendors and work directly with clients and the Media Director to develop strategic recommendations that meet client-marketing objectives. You’ll also be managing junior staff, offering mentorship and career development while they support you in daily administrative and coordination tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with the media director to develop strategic channel/media approaches that meet client objectives.
- Develop a considered vehicle list (i.e. considered sites, publications, lists, etc.)
- Lead in the development and presentation of media recommendation documents (final buy recommendation and summary, etc.). Keynote skills highly prized.
- Utilize media research tools and resources to aid in campaign development.
- Develop and evaluate RFPs, fielding any vendor questions surrounding it and determining final vehicle selections.
- Manage the associate planner or junior employee in gathering creative spec data, developing insertion orders, trafficking and monitoring of campaigns, as well as invoice reconciliation and bill pay process.
- Manage cross-departmental issues/questions regarding campaign execution.
- Provide measurement with necessary information and document framework to pull results data and manipulate in Excel, as well as interpret action items.
- Develop and present concise results highlighting relevant learnings and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Be the day-to-day contact for vendors specific to client business.
- Help the agency grow by aiding new business pitches and finding added opportunities for current clients, when appropriate.
- Be approachable but willing to provide honest and constructive feedback to direct reports in day-to-day communications, as well as in the form of periodic performance evaluations.
Desired skills & experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in media with multi-channel (traditional and digital) experience
- Creative agency experience desired
- Clear understanding of the media planning and buying process in both digital and traditional spaces
- Ability to understand client objectives, target audiences, and how they translate into media strategies
- Solid understanding of general advertising and direct marketing performance metrics
- Understanding of strengths/weaknesses of media research tools and how to effectively use them
- Proven computer skills, including Excel and Keynote
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing junior staff
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed (not usually too far, most of our clients are in the South Bay)
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements included, and your resume to email@example.com.