Mortar is growing its media business and in need of a type “A” media planner ready to win over the world. If you can’t demonstrate your type “A” personality via your past experience, don’t bother to apply. We want someone hungry for the challenge and willing to go the extra mile at every turn. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a great agency dedicated to doing great work and providing outstanding media solutions for our clients who range from natural gas to hospitals, medical devices to the cloud, and universities to high-end printing. No lack of variety, eh?
In return, the sky is the limit. We are a small agency therefore you are your best resource and the right attitude and drive will make you a great success here at the ol’ Mortar. Take a look at our site and you’ll see, a) we love bacon and b) we are passionate about what we do and we look for like-minded individuals.
We’re searching for a Media Planner or Senior Assistant Media Planner who can establish themselves within the company and with clients as an expert in the field of media. You’ll negotiate with media vendors and work directly with the media director to develop strategic recommendations that meet client-marketing objectives. Someone who knows what the media department does and can explain it to others.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with the media director to develop strategic channel/media approach that meet client objectives
- Develop a considered vehicle list (i.e. considered sites, publications, lists, etc.)
- Lead in the development of the recommendation document, Keynote skills highly prized
- Utilize media research tools and resources to aid in campaign development
- Develop RFP and field any vendor questions surrounding it
- Evaluate returned RFPs and determine vehicle selections
- Develop the final buy recommendation and buy summary
- Present the recommendation to the client
- Manage the associate planner or junior employee in gathering creative spec data, developing insertion orders, trafficking and monitoring of campaigns
- Handle invoice reconciliation and bill pay process
- Manage cross-departmental issues/questions regarding campaign execution
- Provide measurement with necessary information and document framework to pull results data and pull data and manipulate in Excel as well as interpret action items
- Develop and present concise results highlighting relevant learnings and recommendations for future campaigns
- Be the day-to-day contact for vendors specific to client business
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 2-4 years as a media assistant or planner, preferably with multi-channel experience (digital experience is a must)
- Creative agency experience desired
- Clear understanding of the media planning and buying process
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
- Strong familiarity with the digital environment
- Solid understanding of general advertising and direct marketing performance metrics
- Understanding of strengths/weaknesses of media research tools and how to effectively use them
- Proven computer skills, including Excel and Keynote
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed (not usually too far, most of our clients are in the South Bay)
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements included, and your resume to email@example.com.