Hi. We’re Mortar, a San Francisco advertising and branding agency dedicated to shaping smarter conversations between people and brands. In this internship, you’ll do a lot more than make coffee. You’ll work on real projects that matter for our clients and internal initiatives. You’ll support our account management staff, and collaborate with our creative, strategy and new business teams. You’ll sit in on meetings, see how an agency works, and learn the process of producing a campaign, from strategy to concept to execution. You’ll even get to give back to the community by working with the Mortar Foundation, our nonprofit arm that empowers underprivileged youth through better education, health, and safety.
Our current client roster runs the gamut from museums, to universities, to robot vacuum cleaners, and no two projects are alike—whether we’re shooting video, dreaming up outdoor ads, or naming the next big startup. This is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs from June through August.
Your tasks will vary depending on what our clients and internal teams need, but will likely include the following:
- Communicate with vendors and partners
- Conduct and catalog research
- Build and present Keynote decks
- Participate in meetings/brainstorms
- Take detailed and accurate meeting notes
- Coordinate meetings and create agendas
- We’re a small agency, so you’ll get to wear multiple hats (literally and figuratively—our founder Mark is obsessed with distinctive headgear)
- Bachelor’s degree (must have graduated by May 2015) in marketing, advertising, or other relevant field
- Positive attitude—we don’t believe in egos here
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Stellar organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Mac Keynote
- A passion for advertising, and an eagerness to learn
In addition to sending us your baller résumé and personalized cover letter, we want to see you get creative. At Mortar, we have a few intrinsic brand values that guide everything we do (listed below). Your task is to pick one and show us what it means to you.
Collaboration: We take it to the extreme, inside Mortar and with clients and friends.
Honesty: We keep it real, every step of the way.
Ideas: We believe they can come from anyone and anywhere (we mean it).
Momentum: We move forward together to keep the ideas going and flowing.
People: Enjoying all of it with—and as—happy and passionate people.
San Francisco: Is at our center. It’s different here, and we embrace it.
There are only two rules for this assignment: Be original, and be yourself. Execution style is totally open—but please keep videos under 2 minutes, essays under 500 words, or do something completely different. (Just know that we have the attention span of a monkey.)
To apply for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and creative submission to email@example.com by April 19, 2015 at midnight PST. And write “Account Intern” in your email subject line. Future Mortarons, we can’t wait to meet you!
Post a Comment