Here at Mortar, we pride ourselves on delivering powerful, stop-you-in-your-tracks creative that cuts through the clutter. But we also like money. Which is why we’re seeking a highly organized and effective professional to help steer our organizational profitability and ensure the successful development of our operational structure. So if you’re the kind of person who always finds their cell phone in the freezer, this probably isn’t the job for you.
Qualified individuals will possess:
• A successful track record managing finance and operations in similar, 25-50, people organizations. Candidates with agency experience (or similar) will receive strong consideration.
• Superior financial analysis, forecasting and planning skills.
• The ability and desire to use financial and operational insight to drive strategy and change.
• Some familiarity with managing operations like project trafficking, resource allocation, and ensuring effective communication is helpful but not essential.
• The ability to work with our two-person finance team to manage cash flow, billing, and AP/AR.
• Comfort assuming final responsibility for maintaining the general ledger.
• Familiarity and experience managing integrated project management and accounting systems (like Workamajig) is ideal. We’re particularly interested in candidates who can proactively manage issues such as employee timekeeping, project estimation, and cost tracking (especially by freelance/contract resources).
If you have at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role and want to move into a more senior role with significant growth potential, please email email@example.com.
Put “Manager/Controller” in the subject line, and include a detailed note about why you’re the correct choice for this position. Be sure to highlight any agency experience.
Resumes submitted without a specific cover letter will be trashed, doused in gasoline, and burned.