Mortar is looking for an experienced brand strategist/account planner to join our team. We’re a planning-led agency who scours for hidden insight and a genuine connection to the consumer, which provides the springboard for our creative. We only see things as integrated, and we’re looking for a strategic thinker who can work across all media – digital, social, traditional, influencer marketing, and even PR. We’re small and growing, so you’ll have your hands on projects from beginning to end. You’ll create powerful brands from scratch. You’ll craft resonating, untouchable strategies that take a brand from average to spectacular.
You love building brands and telling their stories. You know how to ignite a conversation and make it grow. You can lead clients with your thinking and inspire creative teams with your unexpected ideas. And if you write haikus about spider monkeys in your sleep, you’re halfway to working here.
- 5-6+ years brand strategy/account planning experience.
- Experience with qualitative research (experience moderating focus groups and interviews a plus).
- An innate ability to develop unique and inspiring viewpoints.
- Comfortable working on all phases of a project independently, and leading the strategic side of projects from start to finish.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to communicate, present, and sell an idea effectively.
- Adept at building client relationships.
- Experience with quantitative research a plus.
- Media savvy. You understand how to integrate strategy across a variety of media (brand, digital, social, traditional).
- You have a “make things happen” mindset.
- Writing a great brief or a strategy comes easily to you now.
- You’re not just interested in this job, but you’re also an interesting person. Maybe you skydive weekly, or are extremely passionate about corndogs. We like people that stand out.
- Be the strategic lead on several accounts.
- Make consumer insights happen.
- Inspire creative teams to greatness.
- Create earth-shattering brand strategies and present them to clients.
- Make sure clients love us, our peers respect us, and our competition envies us. But most importantly, make sure our moms still love us, too.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, plus an original haiku about spider monkeys. Also, you’re required to have fun writing it. If you get the job, you will presumably meet the infamous Mortar Monkey and grasp why he mesmerizes us so. Here’s a sample haiku to get you going:
spider monkey, why
doth your lithe and limber limbs
so awkwardly hang?