Hi. We’re Mortar, a San Francisco advertising and branding agency.
We’re on the hunt for an Associate Creative Director with a passion for transforming eye-opening insights into awe-inspiring concepts and messaging (we’re not kidding, one pun and you’re done).
We do things differently at Mortar. For one, we are dead against the Big Reveal: instead we believe in the cleansing power of full, energetic collaboration with our clients. We believe in sharing ideas early and often, which means we frequently call clients right after coming up with a cool idea just to, you know, see what they think.
And we really do believe good ideas can come from anyone (although it’ll still be your job to decide if they are good enough to be great).
Look, if this scares you, stop right here.
We know who we want, and we know we need to search high and low for the right person.
To thrive at Mortar you will need to share a belief in brainstorming and whiteboarding (you have never seen whiteboarding this intensive); curating giant hairy ideas; the wonder of rapid-fire momentum and prototyping; and an unyielding necessity for utter honesty and plenty of cocktails. (You can’t say that – HR).
Our best candidate is probably a writer. But they might be a designer. Either way they will enjoy concepting on-the-spot and are just as comfortable dreaming up social ideas as broadcast and digital.
Still with us? Good. Onto the obligatory bulleted list of responsibilities:
- Develop awesome concepts for high-level, integrated initiatives
- Contribute meaningfully
- Nail the brief
- Manage multiple ongoing projects
- Work happily in B2B and B2C
- Embrace failure (success is so over-rated)
- Clients will want you to have their children
- Actively manage and mentor junior and mid-level creatives
- Kick ass in meetings
Required Skills and Experience:
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional creative thinking and copy in a variety of work that spans digital, broadcast, social story telling and print
- We strongly doubt you will have less than eight years of experience
- Excellent presentation and deck-writing skills; you will often be the voice for presenting concepts and selling them through to clients
- Meticulous with details, quality and grammar
This position is based in San Francisco. Relocation may be available to the right candidate (yes, you read that right—YOU CAN MOVE TO SAN FRANCISCO).
To apply for this position, please send your resume and portfolio link to: email@example.com.